Campus Ministry Home
Welcome to Junipero Serra's Campus Ministry page. Home of The LIFE Team!
Junipero Serra's Campus Ministry is dedicated to providing our students various opportunities for Prayer, Mass, Confession, Adoration, Spiritual Retreats, LIFE Night and Christian Service to help them grow in relationship with God.
Campus Ministry News
- Junipero Serra's motto “Siempre Adelante” Always Forward is what we are living at this time. Recent events have made it necessary that we shift our focus for continuing the Christian Service Journey.
Note: Please see the other campus ministry pages for more details on retreats and Christian service.
PrayerHere at Serra you will find students, faculty, staff, & parents in prayer together. Families pray together, and we are no exception. In addition to the prayer and faith instilled by our faculty, campus ministry aims to provide our students opportunities to grow in their prayer life.
Families pray for one another. Please let us pray with and for you by clicking here.
MassYou may be familiar with the line "A family that prays together stays together". These words from Fr. Patrick Peyton are words that hold true for us here at Serra. Every month we gather as a Serra community to celebrate our faith with one another.
- July 7, 2022 (Freshman Mass)
- August 18, 2022 (Welcome Back, Inauguration)
- September 8, 2022
- October 6, 2022 (Homecoming)
- November 1, 2022 (All Saints Day)
- December 7, 2022 (Immaculate Conception)
- January 12, 2023
- February 22, 2023 (Ash Wednesday)
- March 15, 2023
- April 20, 2023
- May 17, 2023 (May Crowning)
ConfessionOn special occasions throughout the year, priests from across the archdiocese join us to share this Sacrament with our entire student body.
- November 15, 2022
- March 22, 2023
Between classes, projects, homework, clubs, sports, and the numerous opportunities on campus, it is important that we make some time for quiet. In Adoration, we make this quiet time intentional and prayerful. It is another opportunity for our students to work on their interior lives.
- September 22, 2022
- October 20, 2022
- November 10, 2022
- December 1, 2022
- January 24, 2023
- February 9, 2023
- March 7, 2023
- May 11, 2023
Retreat ProgramOur retreat program empowers each student to explore and grow in their faith life. We provide each class level with their own unique retreat experience beginning with their freshmen retreat and concluding with their senior retreat. Themes of community, faith sharing, moments of prayer, and self-reflection are built in each retreat which provides for a true encounter with Christ.
- Frosh Orientation & Pre-Retreat - August 10, 2022
- Cavaliers for Christ Freshman Retreat - August 11 — 12, 2022
- Sophomore Class Retreat "Love No Matter What" - September 15, 2022
- Junior Class Retreat - "The Great I AM" - February 3, 2023
- Senior Class Retreat - "Astonished" - January 25-27, 2023 or March 8-10, 2023
LIFE NightOur LIFE Night has a designated scripture and theme each month. We provide an environment in the cafeteria on a Tuesday evening where we gather to build camaraderie, community, and fellowship, proclaim how good God is, all of the time, break bread together, and send one another back and forth into the world knowing that we belong to a community that is empowered to live out the Gospel.
- September 13, 2022
- October 11, 2022
- November 22, 2022
- January 31, 2023
- February 7, 2023
- March 28, 2023
Stations of the Cross
- March 17, 2023 (Chapel)
- March 24, 2023 (Chapel)
- March 31, 2023 (Live in the gym)
God bless you and your families! The Campus Ministry Team
|Mr. Paul Murphy||Fr. Ken||Joe McDorman|