Welcome to Junipero Serra's Campus Ministry page. Home of The LIFE Team!
Campus Ministry News
- Junipero Serra's motto “Siempre Adelante” Always Forward is what we are living at this time. Recent events have made it necessary that we shift our focus for continuing the Christian Service Journey. With this in mind Junipero Serra High School will modify, effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020, and up to the date that Christian Service hours are due on November 30, 2020. Please see the Christian Service Policy and Schedule tab for more information.
- Until further notice all Campus Ministry/LIFE Team events have been modified.
Note: Please see the other campus ministry pages for more details on retreats and Christian service.
Here at Serra you will find students, faculty, staff, & parents in prayer together. Families pray together, and we are no exception. In addition to the prayer and faith instilled by our faculty, campus ministry aims to provide our students opportunities to grow in their prayer life.Families pray for one another. Please let us pray with and for you by clicking here.
You may be familiar with the line "A family that prays together stays together". These words from Fr. Patrick Peyton are words that hold true for us here at Serra. Every month we gather as a Serra community to celebrate our faith with one another.
- August 20, 2020 (Welcome Back, Inauguration)
- September 9, 2020
- October 8, 2020 (Homecoming)
- November 4, 2020
- December 2, 2020
- January 14, 2021
- February 17, 2021 (Ash Wednesday)
- March 17, 2021
- April 29, 2021
- May 13, 2021
On special occasions throughout the year, priests from across the archdiocese join us to share this Sacrament with our entire student body.
- November 17, 2020
- March 24, 2021
Between classes, projects, homework, clubs, sports, and the numerous opportunities on campus, it is important that we make some time for quiet. In Adoration, we make this quiet time intentional and prayerful. It is another opportunity for our students to work on their interior lives.
- August 28, 2020
- September 24, 2020
- October 21, 2020
- November 12, 2020
- January 27, 2021
- February 11, 2021
- March 3, 2021
- April 21, 2021
Our retreat program empowers each student to explore and grow in their faith life. We provide each class level their own unique retreat experience beginning with their freshmen retreat and concluding with their senior retreat. Themes of community, faith sharing, moments or prayer and self reflection are built in each retreat which provides for a true encounter with Christ.
- Frosh Orientation & Cavaliers for Christ Freshmen Retreat - August 10, 2020, 9am—10pm, August 11, 2020, 9am—1pm
- Sophomore Class Retreat "Love No Matter What" - September 17, 2020
- Junior Class Retreat - "The Great I AM" - February 5, 2021
- Senior Class Retreat - "Astonished" - January 20-22, 2021, or March 10-12, 2021
Our LIFE Night has a designated scripture and theme each month. We provide an environment in the cafeteria on a Tuesday evening where we gather building camaraderie, community and fellowship, proclaim how good God is, all of the time, break bread together and send one another back forth into the world knowing that we belong to a community that is empowered to live out the Gospel.
- September 8, 2020
- October 13, 2020
- November 10, 2020
- January 26, 2021
- February 9, 2021
- March 30, 2021
God bless you and your families! The Campus Ministry Team