Transfer Students: Spring 2024 or Fall 2024-2025
Get started early and complete your application for the upcoming Spring 2024 semester.
The Spring semester starts Monday, January 8, 2024 and the Fall 2024-2025 semester starts Wednesday, August 14, 2024.
- Complete the online application - https://la-serrahs.
- Application Fee: $50 (click here to pay) non-refundable
- We will send you a notification after we receive your application
- Transfer Students: (9th, 10th Grade, or 11th Grade). Submit OFFICIAL transcripts for all grades completed & from all high schools attended.
- Please include the semester you just completed and include any credit recovery you have completed.
- We must receive official transcripts from each school the student attended for high school including any online program(s).
- NOTE: Transfer students with "D" and/or "F" grade(s) are required to academically recover credits in order to be considered for admissions and receive a Serra diploma upon successful completion of senior year. Academic Recovery passing grade is a "C" or better.
- If you have a "D" or "F" on your transcript - you must provide an official transcript showing that you took the class again and passed with a "C" or better.
- Please see the attached JSHS-approved high school credit recovery options.
- Credit Recovery for transfer applicants must be completed by December 31, 2023.
- Evaluations - We will need 2 evaluations: Math
teacher & English teacher. Please send an email invite to the Math & English teacher through the application portal to complete the evaluation. Note: You will need the email address of each teacher to send the evaluation request through the application portal.
- Discipline & Behavior Report - This report is completed by the Dean at your current school. Please sign the attachment and send it back to us and we will forward it to your current Dean of Students. Only the Dean, Principal, or Vice Principal can complete this form.
- We do not accept hand-delivered Evaluations or Discipline and Behavior Reports. Everything is sent to us directly from your current school.
- After we have received your transcripts, evaluations, and Discipline & Behavioral Report, we will send you an email to schedule your student interview.
- Student interviews will be conducted in person. We will send you an invite link with available interview dates & times after you have completed all of the above steps.
- NOTE: Interviews are not scheduled until Steps#1 - 3 are completed.
- If there is a financial need for the family, we encourage you to apply for financial assistance.
- You can start this process while you are completing the application steps above.
- If you have any questions about Financial Assistance, please contact:
- Monica Gonzalez, Tuition Coordinator - (310) 436-8314 / [email protected]
NOTE: After all of the application steps (Step#1 - Step#5) have been completed with the Admissions Department, the next step is submitting your file to the Admissions Committee for final approval. The process for transfer students takes approximately 1 - 2 weeks for a decision on acceptance into Junipero Serra High School.
Email all documents or mail to: [email protected]
Please reach out if you have any questions.