Welcome New Students ~ Class of 2027 ~ Application Checklist
We are accepting applications for all new incoming students for the upcoming academic school year 2023-24.
We are honored that you have chosen to apply to Junipero Serra High School.
Start your application today for the next school year 2023-24
Please follow the steps below to complete your application and reach out if you have any questions.
Now let's get started!
STEP 1: Complete application - Click the link to start the ONLINE APPLICATION.
- Application fee: $50 (non-refundable) - Pay the application fee before moving to Step #2.
- Pay the application fee: click here to pay
STEP 2: Submit Transcripts:
- Transcripts: Unofficial copies of school transcripts to start the process. You can instruct your current school to send a completed transcript to us by email or mail to JSHS.
- Mail sealed transcripts to us or you may drop them off:
Junipero Serra High School - Attn: Admissions Department
14830 S. Van Ness Avenue
Gardena, CA 90249
- Freshmen Students: Incoming 9th-grade students - Please submit 6th grade, 7th grade, & the 1st semester for 8th grade transcripts. We will take the unofficial transcripts from the school to help process your application. Then when the semester ends - please submit the final report card/official transcript. Your final 8th-grade semester transcript will be due at the end of the 8th grade year - June 30th.
STEP 3: Submit Evaluations:
- Evaluations (2): one from the English Teacher & one from the Math Teacher. In the application portal please send the teachers an email to complete the evaluation through the portal. You will need the email addresses of both the English & Math teacher to complete this portion. Everything is completed in our application portal due to confidentiality.
- If you do not have an email address for the English or Math teacher - please contact us immediately.
STEP 4: Schedule Student Interview
- After you have completed Steps #1 - 3, then schedule the student interview.
- Send an email to [email protected] with "Student Interview" in the subject line. We will send the available dates & times for a student interview.
- All interviews are conducted in person.
- NOTE: Before sending your request for a student interview, please confirm that we have received your transcripts & evaluations and you have completed steps #1 - 3.
STEP 5: Financial Aid (optional)
- If you need financial assistance - apply by visiting: https://online.factsmgt.com/aid
- To apply, you will need your 2020 & 2021 tax returns.
- If you have any questions about financial aid contact:
- Cecila Leyva, Tuition Coordinator: (310) 436-8303 / [email protected]
- Irene Tortoal, Tuition Manager: (310) 436-8304 / [email protected]
- You may start this step early in the application process while completing all the steps.
NOTE: NO HSPT Exam required. All freshmen students are required to attend Summer Bridge.
Summer Bridge - Tuesday, June 20, 2023 - Friday, July 14, 2023
The Serra Admissions Team is here to assist you with the application process! We are excited to be part of this next journey in your child's educational path into high school. Please reach out at any time if you have any questions. We look forward to your child becoming a Serra Cavalier!
Director of Admissions & Marketing