Welcome New Students ~ Application Checklist
We are accepting applications for all new incoming students for the upcoming academic school year 2022-23. We are honored that you have chosen to apply to Junipero Serra High School.
Start your application now!
Please follow the steps below to complete your application and reach out if you have any questions.
Now let's get started!
STEP 1: Complete application - Click the link to start the ONLINE APPLICATION.
- Application fee: $25 (non-refundable)
- Pay application fee: click here to pay
STEP 2: Submit Transcripts:
- Transcripts: Unofficial copy of school transcripts to start the process. You can instruct your current school to send a completed transcript to us via email or mail to JSHS. Your official transcripts will be due June 30, 2022. Send transcripts to: [email protected]
- Freshmen Students: Incoming 9th-grade students - Please submit 6th grade, 7th grade, & 8th-grade transcripts. When the current school year ends - please submit the final report card/transcript. Official transcripts are due June 30, 2022.
- Transfer Students: (10th Grade or 11th Grade). Please submit all high school transcripts for each grade and the current semester grades or progress report. You may email the unofficial transcripts, report cards, or progress reports. Official transcripts are due June 30, 2022. Send to: [email protected]
- NOTE: Transfer students with "D" and/or "F" grades are required to academically recover credits in order to be considered for admissions and receive a Serra diploma upon successful completion of senior year. Students must complete academic credit recovery with a passing grade of "C" or better. All high school credit recovery needs to be completed by August 1, 2022. (See attachment below - JSHS Approved High School Credit Recovery Options).
- Evaluations (2): one from the English Teacher & one from the Math Teacher. In the application portal please send the teachers an email to complete the evaluation through the portal. You will need the email addresses of both the English & Math teacher to complete this portion.
- If you can not reach your English & Math teacher - please contact us immediately.
- After you have completed Steps #1 - 3, then schedule the student interview.
- Send an email to [email protected] with "Student Interview" in the subject line. We will send the available dates & times for a student interview.
- All interviews are conducted in-person or via Zoom.
- NOTE: Before sending your request for a student interview, please submit unofficial transcripts & evaluations.
- If you need financial assistance - apply by visiting: https://online.factsmgt.com/aid
- To apply, you will need your 2020 tax returns.
- If you have any questions about financial aid contact: Ms. Cecila Leyva, Tuition Manager: 310-436-8303 / [email protected]
- You may start this step early in the application process while completing all of the steps.
- $575 (registration fee: due after 6/1/22)
- $600 (late registration fee: due after 7/1/22)
- ALL freshmen students will be required to attend Summer Bridge.
- Summer Bridge Dates: Monday, June 20, 2022 - Friday, July 15, 2022.
- Summer Bridge Fee: $375 / Due: Wednesday, June 15, 2022
- NO HSPT exam is required for early Freshmen Students