Welcome New Students ~ Class of 2027 ~ Application Checklist
We are accepting applications for all new incoming students for the upcoming academic school year 2023-24.
We are honored that you have chosen to apply to Junipero Serra High School.
Start your application today for the next school year 2023-24
Early Acceptance Date: Friday, March 3, 2023
Please follow the steps below to complete your application and reach out if you have any questions.
Now let's get started!
STEP 1: Complete application - Click the link to start the ONLINE APPLICATION.
- Application fee: $50 (non-refundable) - Pay application fee before moving to step #2.
- Pay application fee: click here to pay
STEP 2: Submit Transcripts:
- Transcripts: Unofficial copies of school transcripts to start the process. You can instruct your current school to send a completed transcript to us via email or mail to JSHS. Your official transcripts are due now. We do not accept screenshots.
- Mail sealed transcripts to or drop off:
- Freshmen Students: Incoming 9th-grade students - Please submit 6th grade, 7th grade, & 8th grade transcripts. We will take the unofficial transcripts from the school to help process your application. Then when the semester ends - please submit the final report card/official transcript.
- Evaluations (2): one from the English Teacher & one from the Math Teacher. In the application portal please send the teachers an email to complete the evaluation through the portal. You will need the email addresses of both the English & Math teacher to complete this portion. Everything is completed in our application portal due to confidentiality.
- If you do not have an email address for the English or Math teacher - please contact us immediately.
- After you have completed Steps #1 - 3, then schedule the student interview.
- Send an email to [email protected] with "Student Interview" in the subject line. We will send the available dates & times for a student interview.
- All interviews are conducted in person or via Zoom.
- In-person interviews will be held on Saturdays in January 2023 (dates coming soon).
- NOTE: Before sending your request for a student interview, please confirm that we have received your transcripts & evaluations and you have completed steps #1 - 3.
- If you need financial assistance - apply by visiting: https://online.factsmgt.com/aid
- To apply, you will need your 2020 tax returns.
- If you have any questions about financial aid contact: Ms. Cecila Leyva, Tuition Manager: 310-436-8303 / [email protected]
- You may start this step early in the application process while completing all of the steps.