Welcome ~ New Student Enrollment Checklist
We are accepting applications for all new incoming students for the upcoming school year 2021-2022. We are honored that you have chosen to apply to Junipero Serra High School.
New Freshmen Parent Meeting: Friday, August 6, 2021
Freshmen Retreat: Monday, August 9th - August 11th, 2021
First Day of School for all students: Monday, August 16, 2021
Please follow the steps below to complete your application and reach out if you have any questions.
Now let's get started!
STEP 1: Complete application - Click the link to start the ONLINE APPLICATION.
- All late applications processed now will incur an application fee of $50 (non-refundable)
- Pay application fee: click here to pay
- All late freshmen applicants received after 7/8/21 will be required to take the HSPT exam at Junipero Serra High School.
- HSPT Exam date: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 (FRESHMEN ONLY)
- Fee due prior to test date: $75.00 - click here to pay
STEP 2: Submit Transcripts: - FINAL REPORT CARD
- Transcripts: Official copy of school transcripts or unofficial to start the process. You can instruct your current school to send a completed transcript to us via email or mail to JSHS. Send transcripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Freshmen Students: Incoming 9th grade students - Please submit 6th grade, 7th grade, & the 8th grade transcripts. School has ended for this past school year - please submit the final report card/transcript.
- Transfer Students: Incoming 10th & 11th grade students - Please submit ALL high school transcripts. School has ended for this past school year - please submit the final report card/transcript.
- NOTE: Transfer students with "D" and/or "F" grades are required to academically recover credits in order to be considered for admissions and receive a Serra diploma upon successful completion of senior year. Academic Recovery passing grade is a "C" or better.
- Evaluations (2): one from the English Teacher & one from the Math Teacher. In the application portal send the teachers an email to complete the evaluation through the portal. The second option - you may email the evaluation form to the teachers. (see attachments below)
- If you can not reach your English & Math teacher - please contact us immediately.
- Send an email to email@example.com with "Student Interview" in the subject line. We will send the available dates & times for a student interview.
- Currently, all interviews are conducted through Zoom.
- NOTE: Before sending your request for a student interview, please submit unofficial transcripts & evaluations.
- If you need financial assistance - apply by visiting: https://online.factsmgt.com/aid
- To apply, you will need your 2019 tax returns.
- If you have any questions about financial aid contact: Mrs. Tortola, Tuition Manager: 310-436-8304 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may start this step early in the application process while completing all of the steps.
New Student Registration Fee:
- $500 (early bird registration fee: due 3/5/21 - 4/1/21)
- $550 (registration fee: due after 4/2/21 - 7/7/21)
- $650 (later registration fee: due after 7/8/21)
- NO HSPT exams will be given this year to the early-bird students that were accepted prior to July 7, 2021.
- Accepted freshmen students will be required to attend Summer Bridge - Monday, June 21, 2021 - Friday, July 26, 2021).
- All late freshmen accepted students after July 7, 2021 will be required to take the HSPT Exam.
- HSPT Test Date: Tuesday, July 27, 2021 @1pm.
- You must register for the HSPT Exam & pay the fee in advance prior to the test date.
- HSPT Fee: $75.00 - click here to pay