Goals and Objectives
Goal 1: To strengthen and develop the spiritual well-being of our students.
- Catholic Christian values will be promoted in all facets of school life.
- All students will participate in a four year program of religious studies.
- All students will participate in a four year program of Christian service to the community.
- Students, faculty and staff will participate in liturgical celebrations and other spiritual exercises.
- Students, faculty and staff will conduct themselves in accordance with Christian values at all times.
Goal 2: To strengthen and develop the intellectual well-being of our students.
- The curriculum will meet state, Archdiocesan, U.C. and Cal State requirements and guidelines.
- Each department will offer a sequential, age-appropriate program of classes.
- All students will be provided with a comprehensive course of studies that is challenging.
- A variety of electives (within the limitations imposed by a small school) will be offered to meet the interests and needs of the students.
- Students will be challenged to think critically and independently in all courses and to recognize that learning is a lifelong process.
- Students will be able to communicate effectively, reason clearly and analyze constructively.
Goal 3: To strengthen and develop the social well-being of our students in order to prepare them to be active members of the family, Church, and society to which they belong.
- Positive and consistent discipline will emphasize personal responsibility, accountability and good work habits in all aspects of school life.
- Personal, familial, civic, and moral responsibility will be stressed and/or reinforced in all aspects of school life.
- The guidance program will encourage student responsibility, independence, and self-discipline.
- Student activities and athletics will provide opportunities for students to develop and demonstrate responsibility, leadership and teamwork.
- Cultural awareness and appreciation of ethnic diversity will be stressed and/or reinforced in all aspects of school life.
- A variety of extracurricular social activities will allow students to develop their social skills in a safe, supervised and positive environment.
Goal 4: To strengthen and develop the physical well-being of our students.
- A variety of athletic programs will help students develop self-discipline and positive health habits.
- The importance of good physical health and an active lifestyle will be taught in physical education and health classes as well as the athletic programs.
- Respect for the body as a temple of the Holy Spirit will be stressed and/or reinforced in all aspects of school life.
Goal 5: To strengthen and develop a familial atmosphere that fosters close collaboration among students, school personnel, and parents.
- The school will encourage the involvement of students, parents and personnel in the appropriate aspects of school life.
- Personnel will make themselves available to students and parents in order to assist students to reach their educational goals.
- The school will support and encourage dialogue and open communication among all school constituencies.
Goal 6: To promote increased success and professional competency among our faculty.
- The school will encourage professional growth for all personnel.
- The school will provide regular in services to improve teacher competence.
- Teachers will be regularly supervised and evaluated.
- Teachers will keep abreast of the current trends in education, subject area knowledge and methodology.
- Teachers will be able to teach students with a variety of achievement levels and learning styles.
- Teachers will treat students with the dignity due any child of God.